Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of work experience do you need for the Project Management program?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- Do I have to enroll in all the classes or can I just take one or two?
- Is this program a prep course for the Project Management Certification?
- Will I earn PDUs by taking any of these classes?
- What sets your program apart?
Experience managing a project, leading or participating on a a project team is helpful. General Managerial or supervisory experience can also be helpful.
If you do not have the above referenced professional or voluntary experience our Introduction to Project Management course should be taken.
You can enroll in whichever classes are of interest to you. However, to receive the Project Management Certificate you would have to complete the 6 core classes (Introduction to Project Management, Communications Tools & Techniques, Scheduling Tools & Techniques, Cost Tools & Techniques, Risk Tools & Techniques, and Scope Tools & Techniques.) These 6 core classes may be taken on an "a la carte" basis (in any order as there are no prerequisites.) In addition, you must complete 24 contact hours of elective courses. Elective courses may be taken before, during, or after the 6 core classes. You must complete all program requirements within 18 months of your first course.
It is much more than that but can be considered preparation in that PDUs are awarded and 35 are needed to apply with PMI to take the PMP examination. We also offer a PMP Exam Prep course which is an elective in the program focusing on test taking strategies for success. 24 PDUs are awarded to those who successfully complete the Test Prep course.
You will receive a CEU certificate that you will submit to PMI for approval to get PDU's.
- Hands on, real world application that is delivered by practicing PMPs.
- It provides the flexibility and convenience that your busy life demands, with convenient scheduling designed especially for working professionals.
- Our core courses emphasize the need for solutions specific to your organization, offering participants the opportunity to develop a personalized portfolio.