Health Coach Certificate
Summer 2018 Health Coach Classes
Emory Continuing Education’s 16-week Health Coach Certificate Program – approved by the International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC) -- combines self-paced learning (online/live and recorded classes) with independent and mentored coaching practice. Curriculum includes health-related topics covered by experts in diabetes, cancer survivorship, older adults, heart health, exercise and movement, healthy eating, mental health, pain, and work-life balance.
Health coaching is client-centered, and our students follow a powerful coaching process while employing motivational interviewing skills -- active listening, and coaching theory to facilitate change - helping clients make the necessary adjustments to achieve desired health goals.
Program topics will include:
- Theory and practice on the structure and process of creating change, as well as key elements to behavioral change
- Health and the mind-body connection
- The role of culture and belief in health and wellness
- Powerful motivational interviewing skills
- Active listening and mindful awareness, including Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Positive psychology theory for health coaching
- Individual and group coaching
- The business of coaching -- including financial issues and career prospects -- as well as practical tools to use in your health coaching practice (including Emory’s Health Compass)