Dealing with Difficult People
Anyone who struggles with the aggravation, frustration, and pain of dealing with a truly difficult person will look back on this workshop with a sense of satisfaction and gratitude. Do you dread certain situations at work or in your personal life because of hostile or unresponsive encounters or feel powerless to cope with behavior that consistently leaves you depressed and defeated? Learn to identify and handle the four most common types of difficult people, turn confrontation into constructive stepping stones to conflict resolution, be a catalyst for changing difficult behavior, and understand what really triggers difficult people to behave negatively.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Define what a difficult person is and what makes some people.
- Identify the most common types of difficult people and strategies for dealing with them.
- Recognize key causes of communication problems in the workplace and outline thoughtful, effective strategies for resolving them.
- Assess their basic communication style and utilize this knowledge to communicate and address different types of people in any work situation.
- Apply techniques for dealing with difficult people through the use of role plays and in-class action planning.