Managing Employee Performance
Performance management is the ongoing process of establishing, communicating, and evaluating employee performance objectives. Effective performance management can provide managers and supervisors with a framework to monitor, discipline, and reward employees. This course introduces a performance management process that addresses goal-setting, evaluations, and handling difficult conversations about job performance.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Explore the importance of the employee performance cycle as a leadership opportunity
- Identify the importance of setting S.M.A.R.T. goals for your staff
- Expand vocabulary to develop clear written expectations, describe employee behaviors, and provide feedback
- Apply attending and reflecting listening skills to improve the performance appraisal process
- Learn and practice steps to create performance plans that increase involvement and motivation