Python: General Programming for Practical Applications
Python is regarded as a very easy language to learn, yet powerful enough to provide the insights required to learn any language – and potentially move you up the career ladder. Forbes magazine recently cited “data scientist” as one of the top jobs in America -- and Python is a critical skill for this position and many others, including software developer/engineer, analyst, researcher, web developer and more.
In this introductory course, you will learn the fundamentals of Python: object-oriented programming, database programming, and User Interface (UI) programming. We’ll also explore how to utilize Python for data science, website and online game development, file creation/management, and other relevant, in-demand applications; these practical skills can provide the groundwork to help prepare you for a variety of lucrative career options.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Design and develop your own Python programs based on parts of existing Python programs
- Develop easy-to-play games and simple web sites
- Create features for web sites that collect, organize, and report on user provided data
- Automate complex numerical computations essential to artificial intelligence, data science and machine learning
- Search the web and download online content using Python scripts
- Manage files efficiently using Python to create, update, move, and rename files
- Locate additional resources for learning more about learning to program using Python