Forget what you’ve heard about the so-called death of journalism. It’s true that the business has changed dramatically in the Digital Age, yet the demand for high-quality content may be stronger than ever. This course separates the real facts from fake news about becoming a freelance writer in today’s gig economy. Learn what it takes to research and craft compelling news features, profiles, reviews, first-person pieces, and much more. Get practical advice on how to pitch winning ideas to editors, avoid the common pitfalls that plague freelancers, and begin landing bylines.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify publications, websites, and other outlets that rely on freelance writers
- Write story pitches, proposals and press releases designed to make editors say yes
- Structure news articles, feature stories, interviews, reviews and other common writing assignments
- Craft compelling copy that avoids the mistakes newcomers tend to make
- Create a professional platform for launching a freelance career