Winning Documents with Word: Word for Writers
Most people have used Word to write letters or reports, but few people know all of the time-saving shortcuts that you will learn in this course. If you are a technical writer, novelist, or anyone responsible for creating or maintaining large documents like orientation manuals or policies and procedures, your job might get a lot easier. This course will teach you how to customize virtually every element of a Word document from the title page to the index and every header, footer, and photo in between.
Audience: This course is designed for those who are current users of Word who want to learn to perform more complex tasks and functions. It is not an introductory course and is meant for intermediate users.
Software: The material in this course will apply to Word 2007/2010/2013/2016 with a concentration on Word 2010/2013/2016. It is not designed to apply to Word for Mac.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Customize options in Word and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Increase productivity with shortcuts, tips, and tricks
- Apply best practices for creating/maintaining large documents
- Create and edit Word themes, colors, and fonts
- Save time and typing with custom AutoCorrect and AutoText entries
- Use Styles and headings to create the outline and structure of a large manual
- Insert and modify a Title Page, Table of Contents, Index, Headers/Footers, and other elements