Frequently Asked Questions
- Emory Executive Park Campus
- Do I have to be a member to take an OLLI class?
- Refunds, Withdrawals, and Transfers
- How much is the registration and what is included?
- How will I know that I have been registered?
- What are the OLLI dates for 2018?
- Who teaches OLLI at Emory classes?
- How do I register online for OLLI classes?
You may join OLLI for the entire year for $50. Your membership begins on the date you pay for membership. Annual membership includes all terms and represents a considerable discount off the single course and event fees.
As a member of OLLI, you receive these benefits and privileges:
- Discounts off OLLI course and event fees
- Free admission to the Michael C. Carlos Museum of Emory University
- Discount at Schwartz Center for Performing Arts
- Discounts at local restaurants
- Discount at Fresh Market
- Participation in Special Interest Groups (i.e., book clubs, discussion groups, lunch groups)
- Free access to select exhibits and lectures on the Emory campus
- Free 2 Week VIP Trial Membership with a Free Personal Training Fitness Assessment at Family Life Center at Second-
- Ponce de Leon Baptist Church
- Free coffee on class days
No, but it is required to take advantage of the membership discounts on OLLI courses.
Membership in OLLI is nontransferable and nonrefundable. No refunds for tuition, supply fees and/or instructor fees will be given after start of class sessions. OLLI students may transfer to another course within a term, but not between terms. Limit one class transfer per term.
To official withdraw from a course, email your full name, class name, and reason for withdrawal to email@example.com. You may also submit a written request with that information to the OLLI office.
The flat fee for OLLI members on every course is $45. On occasion, other fees may be accessed. Those fees may be:
- Administrative fees: Cover rental costs for offsite spaces.
- Instructor fees: These nominal fees help compensate our professional instructors currently receiving payment for teaching courses outside of OLLI at Emory.
You will receive an email from Emory Continuing Education confirming your class selections.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI - classes designed for students ages 50 and older) sessions for 2018 are currently scheduled as follows:
Winter Term January 8 – March 1
- Short Session March 5 - March 30
- Long Session April 9 - May 25
- Short Session June 4 – June 29
- Long Session July 9 – August 25
- Short Session September 5 – October 23
- Long Session October 29 – November 16
Our courses are taught by a wide variety of qualified personnel. We’re very proud of the instructors we attract. Please view the Instructors page to view biographies of past, present, and future instructors.
1. Go to olli.emory.edu and click on Courses to see all of our classes, dates and times.
2. Click on the class name (i.e. Gentle Yoga) and then click Add to cart.
3. To add more classes from the list, click the back button (←) at the top left of the
4. After adding courses, click check out.
5. Log in using previously created account or create a new account (if necessary, click forgot my
6. Click make payment, follow prompts to pay.
7. Click continue to display the confirmation page.
8. Click continue to receive a confirmation receipt via email.
Note: Membership discounts will not appear until you click check out!
FREE parking is available to OLLI members in the surface lot next to Building 6 as well as in the covered parking deck. Do not park in Pediatric Orthopedic Associates reserved spots or handicap spots without a permit.