Health Coach Certificate
Emory Continuing Education’s 12-week Health Coach Certificate Program – approved by the International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC) -- combines self-paced learning (online/live and recorded classes) with independent and mentored coaching practice. Curriculum includes health-related topics covered by experts in diabetes, cancer survivorship, older adults, heart health, exercise and movement, healthy eating, mental health, pain, and work-life balance.
Health coaching is client-centered, and our students follow a powerful coaching process while employing motivational interviewing skills -- active listening, and coaching theory to facilitate change - helping clients make the necessary adjustments to achieve desired health goals.
The June Health Coach Certificate is now full. The next program begins in September.
Please RSVP to an upcoming info session or submit your APPLICATION today!
Program topics will include:
- Theory and practice on the structure and process of creating change, as well as key elements to behavioral change
- Health and the mind-body connection
- The role of culture and belief in health and wellness
- Powerful motivational interviewing skills
- Active listening and mindful awareness, including Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Positive psychology theory for health coaching
- Individual and group coaching
- The business of coaching -- including financial issues and career prospects -- as well as practical tools to use in your health coaching practice (including Emory’s Health Compass)