Fundraising Certificate Program
Take the fear out of fundraising with our step-by-step directions on how to advance the mission of your organization and increase community support and donations. Our intensive five day program will provide detailed instructions on how to create a winning development plan with a philosophy of successful fundraising within the current philanthropic environment.
Course content will focus on the different methods of fundraising, including: Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Planned Giving, Corporate Giving and Special Events. Students will learn through a mix of theory and practical real world examples.
After this program, students will be able to:
- Research potential donors and build your base of support
- Manage the fundraising process to be the most productive without getting overwhelmed
- Create messaging that appeals to the head and heart of your donor
- Retain and steward donors to create a lasting relationship
- Run a successful Annual Fund to ensure adequate operating support
- Involve and motivate volunteers to enhance your efforts
Throughout the class, participants will complete assignments to help build individual fundraising portfolios. The certificate process will culminate with a Capstone -- a total development plan for an organization (students may elect to use their own organizations).
These exercises will jumpstart the planning process, and students will leave the class energized and prepared. Those looking to enter the nonprofit job market will have a portfolio to showcase for both paid and volunteer positions.
You may qualify for a scholarship from The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta. For more details, please view these scholarship guidelines. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.