Certificate in Event Planning
Event Planning is a blend of art and science – come explore both the aesthetic details which make events sparkle as well as the behind-the-scenes logistics which make events safe and functional.
ECE’s hybrid Event Planning Certificate combines online and traditional classroom work -- students complete the certificate by attending five traditional classes and then work independently on a capstone project while attending live, instructor-led sessions in our online classroom via Adobe Connect.
Successful event planners skillfully handle challenges and opportunities related to logistics, catering, audio-visual, design and décor, safety regulations and more. Learn how to effectively manage and implement these elements in order to generate positive return on investment (ROI) for clients while maintaining a solid reputation for your business.
Students will apply these critical event planning concepts toward the development of an individual capstone: a complete event plan representing the student’s final project -- as well as a foundational component of a professional portfolio.
After this program, students will be able to:
- Create top-quality events, from conception to execution
- Develop effective event objectives, including timeline, budget, and program
- Design an experience that enhances the event and supports the event messaging
- Coordinate the technical aspects of an event
- Solve event logistical issues including parking, safety, security, and others
- Optimize a food and beverage budget
- Execute an event utilizing best practices and proper business ethics
- Identify the best practices involved in taking charge on site and ensuring a successful relationship with staff, clients, and vendors
- Explore options for gaining event planning experience
Each course in the Event Planning Certificate is priced individually. For pricing and upcoming dates, click on the Upcoming Courses tab below:
|Upcoming Information Sessions|
|If you missed our recent information session, please contact Program Advisor Brent Buckley.||CONTACT|
|Event Planning: Introduction||$695||More Info|
|Event Planning: Connect with Technology||$195||More Info|
|Event Planning: Develop an Edge on Execution||$245||More Info|
|Event Planning: Focus on Food and Beverage||$245||More Info|
|Event Planning: Design the Experience||$245||More Info|
|Event Planning Capstone||$375|
|Total cost of certificate:||$2,000|
Click HERE to see all Event Planning courses.