Certificate in Event Planning
Special Event production is a blend of art and science. Study both as you explore the aesthetic details which make events sparkle, as well as the behind-the-scenes logistics which make the events safe and functional.
ECE offers the Event Planning Certificate in two formats: our hybrid program is a combination of online and traditional classroom work. Students complete the certificate by working independently and attending live, instructor-led sessions in our online classroom via Adobe Connect. Students will also meet during the sixth week for a full day in-class session.
Participants in our traditional classroom format meet in class for one week (Mon-Fri), with each session focusing on specific subjects outlined in the Curriculum. Students then participate in two online Q&A sessions during the next six weeks while completing their capstone projects.
In both formats, students apply these critical concepts toward the development of a capstone: a complete event plan representing the student’s final project, as well as a foundational component of a professional portfolio.
After this program, students will be able to:
- Create high quality events
- Explore options for gaining event planning experience
- Develop effective event objectives including timeline, budget, and program
- Design event invitation/marketing materials
- Solve event logistical issues (parking, safety, security) while encouraging "green" event practices
- Select a venue and service providers and negotiate prices
- Understand the lingo and the terminology for catering, AV, and more
- Work with a client, vendors, and volunteers effectively
The tuition for the Event Planning Certificate is $1,995. For payment options, please click HERE.