Artistic Landscape Enhancements
Everyone appreciates a beautiful landscape. For weekend gardeners and landscape professionals, this course will teach the principles and elements of stunning, artistic landscapes. By developing a firm understanding of these concepts, participants in this highly interactive course will be able to approach dated landscapes and easily identify enhancements to maximize their home’s curb appeal.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Describe what makes a landscape beautiful.
- Explain what steps can leverage this knowledge to enhance dated sites.
- Map and manage the impact of shade in the landscape.
- Apply landscape industry best practices for installing enhancements.
- Manage drainage and rectify erosion issues.
What will be covered:
Lesson 1: Elements and Principles
Lesson 2: The Site
- What are the characteristics of a quality landscape?
- The five elements – color, texture, form, line and scale.
- Design principles – Order, Unity, Rhythm and Variety
Lesson 3: Installation Practices
- How does shade affect the landscape design? Benefits and disadvantages of shade.
- Mapping shade for a residential site.
- Storm water – managing drainage and solving erosion issues.
- Purpose – understanding the goals and purpose of the landscape upgrades.
- Applying artistic landscape enhancements to your site.
- Review of the industry standards for successful landscape installs.
- Soil amendments 101
- Using mulch correctly.
- Watering – When, why and how much for both new and established plantings.
Apr 20, 2019