Strategic Communications in the Workplace
Communication is more than talking and listening. Genuine communication requires a deep understanding of another person’s perspective. But when you take into consideration all of our biases, behavioral idiosyncrasies, unspoken emotions, and personal agendas, this can seem almost impossible to achieve. The communications assessment instrument called DiSC© helps people understand each other on a more fundamental level. This course develops the skills to read other people and see how others interpret their behaviors. It creates a deep seated appreciation for the needs of their co-workers. Ultimately, the program helps participants adapt their communication styles in a way that creates an enduring working alliance among team members and fosters a deeper sense of organizational engagement.
Completion of a brief, online assessment prior to the course is required; to ensure timely analysis, we recommend enrolling at least 3-5 days prior to course start date. After this class, you will be able to:
- Understand the DiSC© model of human nature and develop an appreciation for personal differences
- Evaluate your unique DiSC© assessment to understand how your behavior is interpreted by team members
- Gain an understanding for why your co-workers act the way they do
- Recognize the distinct styles of communication that are effective and ineffective with each style
- Develop specific communication strategies that build a culture of trust and collaboration