Excelling at Excel: The 5 Fs: Formatting, Fills, Formulas, Functions, and Filters/Sorts
In this half-day course, students will discover the important 5 Fs of Excel: Formatting, Fills, Formulas, Functions, and Filters/Sorts.
- Formatting: Using and creating custom formatting for SSNs, phone numbers, and other special types of data.
- Fills: Using fills for dates, numbers, formulas/functions, and how to create your fills.
- Functions: Using SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, TODAY, CONCATENATE, and other functions.
- Formulas: Using Relative, Absolute/Mixed, and 3-D references
- Filters/Sorts: Using Excel as a database/table for filtering and sorting data.
Audience: This course is designed for those who are familiar with Excel and want to learn to perform more complex tasks and functions. This course builds on "Excelling at Excel: The FUNdamentals."
Software: This class is taught using Microsoft Excel 2016 on our lab PCs, but the content applies to Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 for Windows. Material learned in this course may not apply to Excel for Mac.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create and use special and custom formats
- Employ Conditional Formatting based on various criteria
- Use AutoFill to save lists and for dates, text, numbers, and formulas and functions
- Develop formulas and functions in Excel for tables and databases
- Filter your information quickly for date ranges, numbers, and text lists