Social Media Analytics
Social media can be essential to growing your business, but properly understanding and analyzing the relevant data is absolutely critical.
While working at Facebook, instructor Jessica Ludolph partnered with clients ranging from small businesses all the way up to larger companies including The Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, Burger King and more. Her input not only helped shape Facebook’s own advertising platform, but her focus on strategy and execution delivered amazing results for her clients. Join us to discover how these analytics can help guide your organization’s marketing strategy.
Simply having a presence on social media is hardly enough; a successful approach must include continuous testing, monitoring and optimization to achieve goals. Who’s interacting with your content? What should your goals be? How do you establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and, more importantly, measure and track your results against those metrics by utilizing reporting tools?
The need to evaluate the results of your published content and paid advertising campaigns to help improve future marketing efforts cannot be overstated. We’ll cover the fundamentals and insider techniques of social media analytics for both beginners as well as seasoned digital marketers looking to understand how to better analyze data, take action, and get results.
Prerequisites: Participants in this course must:
- possess basic computer, internet, and social media skills;
- bring a notebook computer, tablet, or smartphone to follow along with in-class exercises;
- have a Facebook Business Page created prior to the first class session; and
- be prepared to invest a minimum of $20 in a paid social media campaign.
Who Should Attend: Aspiring and existing marketing specialists, business owners, and entrepreneurs looking to understand the social data available across various platforms and how that data can be used to measure business results.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how social analytics are derived from both organic data and paid campaign data
- Analyze Audience Insights to further identify who is interacting with your social content and how—and how to apply that information in a paid marketing strategy
- Create attainable goals for social campaigns and establish realistic KPIs to determine effectiveness
- Set up and track paid social campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Pull analytics reports and determine the metrics to focus on based on goals/KPIs
- Optimize future social media marketing efforts and make informed, data backed decisions
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Clock Hours: Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711