Expand Your Creativity – Writing Inspired by Surrealist Art, Film, and Poetry
Tap into the endless flexibility of your imagination by utilizing Surrealist techniques to generate and express your wildly creative ideas. Our course first works to understand Surrealist and related philosophies – then uses readings, art, film clips, games and methodologies from the Surrealist movement (plus light workshopping of pieces) to guide writers toward a greater understanding of how to dig deeply into their imaginations to craft fresh and dynamic compositions.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the Surrealist and Dadaist movements and their respective philosophies
- Identify key historical and contemporary Surrealist and Dadaist writers, artists and filmmakers
- Identify at least three techniques the Surrealists used to spark creativity.
- Effectively employ at least three Surrealist techniques in their own prose or poetry writings
- Effectively use Surrealist art, readings, and film clips as inspiration to produce poetry or prose that imaginatively expands the creative process
- Effectively evaluate other participants’ creative writings to offer constructive critique
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Clock Hours: Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711