MCAT Test Preparation
Take the first step to medical school – prepare for the new MCAT, which was introduced in April 2015. Our MCAT test prep class - taught by Emory faculty - combines classroom contact hours with independent study, allowing students to achieve the best possible score and increase chances of admission to top-tier medical schools. The course will cover all areas of the test, including new and significantly modified sections, while combining review of key topics and extensive advice on strategy, analysis, and approach to each section. Additionally, the course will provide expert advice on medical school admissions essays, with personalized guidance during the application process. *Cancellations within seven days of the course start date are subject to standard processing fees. Textbooks are not included
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOKS
Class meets on Saturdays.
What will be covered :
- Session I: 9:00am-12:30pm
Overview of MCAT. Role of MCAT in admissions. Preparing a strong application. Pointers for writing a strong admissions essay. Diagnostic Test.
- Session II: 1:30-5:00pmBiology Review I
- Session III: 9:00am-12:00pm Review of Diagnostic TestGeneral Science Strategies
- Session IV: 1:00-5:00pmBiology Review IIChemistry Review IDAY 3
- Session V: 9:00am-12:00pmChemistry Review II
- Session VI: 1:00-5:00pmPhysics Review IDAY 4
- Session VII: 9:00am-12:00pmPhysics Review II
- Session VIII: 1:00-5:00pmOrganic Chemistry Review IDAY 5
- Session IX: 9:00am-12:00pmOrganic Chemistry Review II
- Session X: 1:00-5:00pmVerbal I (CARS= Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills) Review I DAY 6
- Session XI: 9:00am-12:00pmVerbal (CARS= Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills) Review IIPsychology/Sociology Review I
- Session XII: 1:00-5:00pmPsychology/Sociology Review IIReview of StrategiesGeneral test-taking strategies Specific strategies for the science sections Planning for further study & Making a schedule.
Jul 14, 2018