Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
An instructor led, interactive course covering the history, principles and objectives of Lean Six Sigma (LSS). Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to lead successful end-to-end Green Belt projects using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology. A combination of lectures, individual and group exercises and supplementary online modules will provide an environment to learn and practice the key tools and techniques needed to complete LSS Green Belt projects.
Optional: Students are encouraged to bring laptop computers with MS Excel and the Data Analysis add-in installed and running. Further, students are welcome to bring a laptop with Minitab Statistical Software installed and running. (A free 30-demo version is available at www.minitab.com.)
After this class, you will be able to:
- Lead a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project.
- Create the necessary deliverables required for each major phase of a DMAIC project and deliver a satisfactory tollgate review at the end of each phase and at the end of the project.
- Create basic statistical graphs in order to display and draw appropriate conclusions from both continuous and discrete data collected as part of the project.
- Draw appropriate conclusions from non-statistical tools and techniques used.
- Explain the history of Lean Six Sigma.
- Define the concepts of Lean Six Sigma.
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Clock Hours: Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711