Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Preparation
In this intensive four day course, students will prepare to sit for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) certification exam offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Instruction in this course is focused on the Knowledge Areas and Process Groups defined in the PMBOK® Guide.
Students are expected to gain the foundational knowledge needed to prepare for and pass the CAPM exam through a combination of team exercises, quizzes, and practice exams. Successfully completing this course will satisfy 16 of the 23 hours of project management education required to sit for the CAPM exam.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify the CAPM exam components and their distribution on the exam
- Develop an individualized study plan and preparation strategy with the instructor's assistance
- Analyze the process utilized in project management
- Explain the terms and definitions used in the PMBOK Guide
- Distinguish the 10 Knowledge Areas and the five Process Groups defined in the PMBOK Guide
- Describe how project management processes align with Process Groups and Knowledge Areas
- Describe the common Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs of each of the Process Groups
- Demonstrate comprehension by successfully completing online practice exams
- Plan to take the CAPM exam within 90 days of the course ending
- Use the online practice tests included with the course
- Gain confidence in the material using study aids and targeted study strategies
- Spend at least 40 hours after the course reviewing material and learning independently
As of September 22, 2017, PMI has published the PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition. PMI will be updating the CAPM Exam for the Sixth Edition on March 26, 2018. For the ECE course beginning January 20, 2018, instruction will be dedicated to the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition.
- CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK: PMBOK Guide – Fifth Edition
- CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK: CAPM® Exam Prep – Third Edition