Film and Video Lighting on a Budget
Apply the ‘Hollywood Look’ to your podcast videos, vlogs, advertising, YouTube content, and other broadcasts – at just a fraction of the cost of those mega-blockbuster productions. Join us to maximize the impact of lighting in your videos on a shoe-string budget using inexpensive materials from local hardware stores. Our hands-on, practical course allows students the opportunity to actively participate in various lighting scenarios in order to learn basic tricks and techniques to enhance video compositions.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Apply basic lighting techniques used in film and television to their own productions
- Use appropriate terminology to describe the lighting process
- Demonstrate the placement and treatment of lighting fixtures and accessories to achieve a desired result
- Describe the options for adding basic effects to enhance the look of the video after it is shot
- Explain how to maintain the integrity of the media record as it is transferred to the internet