Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparation
In this intensive five-day course, experienced Project Managers will prepare to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Instruction in this course is focused on the Knowledge Areas and Process Groups defined in the PMBOK® Guide.
Students are expected to gain the foundational knowledge needed to prepare for and pass the PMP exam through a combination of team exercises, quizzes, and practice exams. Successfully completing this course will satisfy the 35 hours of project management education required to sit for the PMP exam.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify the PMP exam components and their distribution on the exam
- Develop an individualized study plan and preparation strategy with the instructor's assistance
- State the differences and relationships among Projects, Programs and Portfolios
- Identify organizational influences and different project lifecycle methodologies
- Analyze the processes utilized in project management
- Explain the terms and definitions used in the PMBOK Guide
- Distinguish the 10 Knowledge Areas and the five Process Groups defined in the PMBOK Guide
- Describe how project management processes align with Process Groups and Knowledge Areas
- Describe the common Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs of each of the Process Groups
- Apply formulas such as Earned Value and Schedule Variance commonly found on the PMP Exam
- Demonstrate comprehension by successfully completing online practice exams
- Plan to take the PMP exam within 90 days of the course ending
- Use the online practice tests included with the course
- Gain confidence in the material using study aids and targeted study strategies
- Spend at least 40 hours after the course reviewing material and learning independently
As of September 22, 2017, PMI has published the PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition. PMI will be updating the PMP Exam for the Sixth Edition on March 26, 2018.
Students are required to purchase two books for this course. Click "Learn More..." for any of the courses below to see which books are required for each specific course date.
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711