Health Coach Certificate
Students attending this certificate program should have a Bachelor’s degree and/or healthcare related experience. Examples include Registered Dietitian/Nutritionists, Fitness professionals & trainers, recent graduates in the Predictive Health minor program at Emory or anyone with a Bachelor’s degree contemplating a career change into a health profession. Please contact the program advisor if you would like to discuss your situation in greater detail.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL REQUIRED BOOK
CLICK HERE FOR OPTIONAL MATERIAL
You must complete an application to join this program. TO APPLY FOR THIS COURSE CLICK HERE
Course Learning Objectives
- Define the role of a health coach including common strengths and weaknesses that impact effectiveness.
- Describe American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) exercise and movement guidelines.
- Evaluate health coaching as a business including an overview of the field and appropriate scope of practice.
- Apply the stages of change and foundations of MBSR techniques in coaching situations.
- Practice coaching skills in group settings including open ended questions, reflection, active listening, goal setting, and action planning.
- Understand evidence-based complimentary care and making appropriate referrals.
- Construct communication techniques designed to enhance motivation and facilitate behavior change in clients.
- Discuss health issues related to the digestive system, endocrine system, cardiology and the health effects of pain.
- Practice coaching techniques with focus on structure and planning.
- Explore strategies to assist clients with creating successful action plans and overcoming obstacles.
Jan 20, 2018