Powerful Presentations: Deliver, Persuade, Inspire
A persuasive presentation requires more than standing on a stage with prepared notes. Whether in a meeting, on the phone, or in front of a crowd of hundreds, we must communicate effectively for our ideas to inspire. Compelling presentation skills earn respect and can take you to new heights in your professional and personal life. In this course, we explore “whole-level” presentations: making use of voice, body language and intellect to persuade your audience and maximize your potential. Rise above the rest with the power of presentation!
After this class, participants will be able to:
- Identify limiting mindsets and explain the root causes of their fear of public speaking.
- Build confidence in their presentation skills through their use of self-evaluation, feedback and practice exercises.
- Enhance their presentation success by engaging in “whole-level” presentations using voice, body language, breathing exercises, imagination, stories and other tools.
- Maximize the impact of their presentations through development of benefit-oriented content.
1. Introduction and objectives
2. Framework for powerful presentations: An opportunity to help others
3. Mastering the Inner Game of presentation
- What is a powerful presentation?
- Group discussion and self-assessment of skills
4. Tools for building powerful presentation success
- Root causes of speaking fear and anxiety
- Keys to increasing confidence and projecting it virtually or face-to-face
5. Review and action planning
- Core of confidence: Authenticity and finding your voice as a speaker
- Managing the limiting mindsets that hold speakers back
- Outline method for remembering content
- Breathing exercise for optimal voice control and generating calm
- Strong openings and closings for presentations
- Practice activity for participants
- Bridge between personal passion and presentation
- The voice as a powerful presentation tool (pace, variety, projection, volume)
- Body language for web cam, face-to-face, and phone
- Practice presentation for participants
- Benefit-oriented content: Inspiring and persuading your audience, selling your ideas
- Q&A grace under pressure
- How will you apply your learning?
- Commitment to authenticity, creativity, being memorable
- Wrap up and resources
Jun 21, 2018