Microsoft Excel Level 2: Excelling at Excel
If you’re comfortable with Excel but know you still have a lot to learn to use it to its full potential, this two-day course is for you. Discover the 5 Fs of Excel—Formatting, Fills, Formulas, Functions, and Filters/Sorts—and begin creating clearer and more effective spreadsheets. We will use formatting and basic formulas and functions to create our own fully functional monthly and annual budget tracking spreadsheets.
We will discuss the features in Excel that allow it to manage data in both flat file and relational databases. We will also discover how to incorporate Name Box and Name Manager to make referencing data easier and cleaner. PivotTables and Pivot Charts help avoid information overload by summarizing the data you select, allowing you to change the view of your data, simplifying huge worksheets, and allowing you to easily apply functions like COUNT, SUM, AVERAGE, and more.
We will also begin using VLOOKUPS to pull together information from large, database-like workbooks. We will also repackage data into more useful forms using the CONCATENATE function to combine data from two or more columns.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Increase productivity through shortcuts and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Create attractive worksheets with formatting
- Understand syntax of Excel’s formulas and functions
- Develop formulas and functions in Excel for tables and databases
- Filter your information quickly for date ranges, numbers, and text lists
- Construct powerful functions to find and display data with VLOOKUP
- Utilize the CONCATENATE function to bring columns together
- Use the Name Box and Name Manager to navigate, print select, and add functionality for your tables
- Create PivotTables to analyze data more effectively
- Select useful charts to help visualize information
This class is taught using Microsoft Excel 2016 on our lab PCs, but the content applies to Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013 for Windows. Material learned in this course may not apply to Excel for Mac.
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711