Digital Asset Management & Photo Editing in Adobe Lightroom
Note: We encourage students to complete Digital Photography 1 before beginning this course. We also recommend that students subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan so they can complete homework assignments and utilize these techniques in their photography.
Overwhelmed by the hundreds (if not thousands) of photos clogging up your devices and storage? Are you interested in perfecting your images before publishing them to social media or other outlets? Take control of your digital data by utilizing Adobe Lightroom to improve your pictures in terms of both aesthetics and organization.
We will explore both technical and visual considerations in the medium by combining hands-on exercises, detailed demonstrations, and classroom discussions. Through instructor-led and self-guided practice, students can discover their personal artistic preferences and develop valuable editing skills in the digital darkroom.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom and identify the appropriate uses for each.
- Develop a digital workflow for photo management based on personal needs and best practices.
- Utilize Catalogs and Collections in Adobe Lightroom to organize photographs with key words, tags, metadata and more.
- Demonstrate basic photo editing techniques such as lens correction, image sharpening, noise reduction, color correction, and exposure adjustment.
- Prepare photos for print and easily publish them to the web for easy sharing.
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711