Adobe Premiere Pro Level 1: Introduction
Adobe Premiere Pro is the industry-leading video editing application, utilized everywhere from major cable news networks to Academy Award-nominated films.
Throughout this two-day training course, students will discover the essential tools and techniques necessary to take a video project from planning to production. Participants will create a new Premiere Pro project from scratch by importing clips from various sources and adding content from other Adobe products including Illustrator and Photoshop.
Students will organize media assets including videos, images, and audio – and then use Premiere Pro’s tools to harness and assemble these raw elements into a video sequence by trimming clips, adding audio, and creating stylized transitions. Advanced editing techniques involving motion effects will also be covered in order to add professional touches to projects. Other topics include: editing multi-camera video shoots, creating title sequences, and publishing completed videos for (almost) all purposes and mediums.
CLICK HERE FOR SUGGESTED REFERENCE BOOK
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Navigate the Premiere Pro interface and identify its many elements and tools
- Create an effective, customized editing interface using workspaces
- Develop dynamic title sequences to add production value to a project
- Add, move, trim, and edit video and audio clips in the video timeline
- Create a cuts-only video without relying on optical effects
- Employ motion effects to scale, rotate, and reposition clips
- Assemble a video using storyboard edits to quickly assemble clips
- Dramatize clips using both subtle and stylize video transitions
- Explain the export options in Premiere Pro and their most common uses
- Use and give examples of high-speed editing techniques to optimize workflow
Prerequisites: Students must possess basic computer skills. Some experience with other Adobe software will be beneficial, but it is not required.