Photo Editing in Adobe Photoshop
Not every photograph looks great when you first take it, and there are increasing numbers of tools available to help you get the right look. Adobe Photoshop, especially when paired with Adobe Lightroom, allows photographers to explore more creative possibilities than ever before. Learn to unlock your artistic vision and create views of the world unavailable to the human eye or film technology.
This course explores both technical and aesthetic considerations in the medium by combining hands-on exercises, detailed demonstrations, and classroom discussions. Through instructor-led and self-guided practice, students will learn the role of Photoshop in a photographer’s workflow and how it can help them achieve picture-perfect prints.
After each class meeting, students will complete homework assignments to show what they have learned. The assignments are due prior to the next class meetings and must be submitted digitally. The following class will include class critiques followed by new lecture material.
Note: You must complete Digital Asset Management and Editing in Adobe Lightroom before beginning this course. We also recommend that students subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan so they can complete homework assignments and utilize these techniques in their photography.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
Students who complete this course should be able to:
- Use Photoshop to perform basic corrections to RAW images where they have the most flexibility
- Retouch imperfections and other commons issues such as red eye
- Utilize masks to selectively correct or change the color in specific areas of a photo
- Combine pixels from different frames to create images with a greater range of luminosity than is possible with a camera alone
- Create composite images, fine-tune photos with artistic filters and other effects, and stitch images together to create panoramas
- Add life to images by creating animated GIFs and cinemagraphs—still photos containing a minor or repeated movement
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 706
Clock Hours: Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 711