Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certificate - Online
An introduction to Lean concepts and Six Sigma principles is vital for building a basic foundation for process improvement. Our course includes an overview of the DMAIC process Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control which is integral to a Lean Six Sigma roll-out but can also be used as a stand-alone component of process improvement. Students will be taught the roadmap for a successful improvement deployment as well as the key roles and responsibilities of a Lean Six Sigma framework. Learn to identify waste and variation in a process and increase stakeholder satisfaction through practical tools and techniques. The course will be delivered in the online, instructor led classroom with the exception of two online self-paced modules.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Apply Six Sigma and Lean concepts
- Identify the fundamentals of the DMAIC framework: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control
- Use the roadmap for a successful improvement deployment
- Construct the roles and responsibilities of a Lean Six Sigma framework
- Formulate a plan for an improvement project
- Demonstrate the identification of variation and waste in a process via an in-class simulation
- Apply the basic steps to minimize waste and variation in a process
What will be covered:
Lesson 1: Basics of Six Sigma and Lean Concepts
- Relate the Lean, Six Sigma, and Lean Six Sigma combination approach to improvement in organizations.
- Describe the differences and similarities between Lean and Six Sigma.
- Identify why companies utilize Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Lesson 2: Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- Identify the fundamentals of the DMAIC framework with the voice of the customer.
- Explain the voice of the customer both internal and external to the business.
- Demonstrate use of the DMAIC framework and voice of the customer in practical, real world simulations.
Lesson 3: Project Scope and Definition
- Examine the road map for successful improvement project deployment.
- Define an improvement project and project scope.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a Lean Six Sigma framework.
Lesson 4: Identifying and Understanding Waste
- Demonstrate identification of variation and waste in a process.
- Define waste in the eyes of the customer.
- Identify the 8 types of waste.
Lesson 5: Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Conduct a root cause analysis.
- Provide data to support root cause.
Lesson 6: Applying Simple Solutions
- Intro to 5S and Error Proofing.
- Apply the basic steps to minimize waste and variation.
- Define simple solutions to process problems.
Clock Hours: 6.5