Excelling at Excel: Formulas and Functions
In this half-day course, students will discover introductory, intermediate, and advanced functions/formulas in Excel.
- The introductory functions include SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, and TODAY functions.
- The intermediate functions include VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP, PMT, and CONCATENATE.
- The advanced functions include IF…THEN…ELSE, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, AVERAGEIFS, DSUM, and DCOUNT.
Audience: This course is designed for those who are current users of Excel and want to know more about formulas and functions. This course builds on "Excelling at Excel: The FUNdamentals" and "Excelling at Excel: The 5Fs."
Software: This class is taught using Microsoft Excel 2010 on our lab PCs, but the content applies to Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 for Windows. Material learned in this course may not apply to Excel for Mac.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create and edit basic, intermediate, and advance functions
- Use all of the cell references in Excel – Relative, Absolute/Mixed, and 3-D
- Develop results with functions based on criteria
- Measure time in hours and minutes, days, and years
- Use Introductory functions – SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, and TODAY
- Use Intermediate functions – VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP, PMT, and CONCATENATE
- Use Advanced functions – IF-THEN-ELSE, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS, DSUM, DCOUNT, and DAVERAGE