Excelling at Excel: The FUNdamentals
In this half-day course, students will discover important shortcuts and tips and tricks in navigating and selecting data in Excel. We’ll customize Excel through our Quick Access Toolbar and important options. The course teaches formatting, using Autofill, and how to create formulas and functions the right way the first time. Finally, we will print and view Excel worksheets using Freeze and Split panes, Page Layout View, and Page Break Preview.
Audience: This course is designed for those who are new to Excel and want to learn to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.
Software: This class is taught using Microsoft Excel 2010 on our lab PCs, but the content applies to Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 for Windows. Material learned in this course may not apply to Excel for Mac.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Increase productivity through shortcuts and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Create attractive worksheets with formatting
- Use AutoFill to save time and input for text, numbers, dates, and formulas/functions
- Develop formulas and functions in Excel
- Understand syntax of Excel’s formulas and functions
- Print and view Excel worksheets the right way