Essentials of Conflict Management
Conflict management is the practice of identifying and handling conflict in a sensible, equitable, and efficient manner. While conflict is inevitable in the workplace, the way conflict is managed can distinguish good workplaces from great workplaces. Participants will learn to analyze conflict to understand the issues and emotions involved. Then, they will learn to resolve conflict using a proven 4-step method. This course allows participants to explore their personal conflict management style and develop skills to manage conflict more effectively.After this course, students will be able to:
- Identify their conflict style.
- Recognize the conflict styles of others in order to respond in the most effective way.
- Assess work-related conflict situations and apply an effective conflict mode to resolve the conflict.
- Practice using different conflict modes.
- Develop skills to effectively manage conflict in the workplace by using a proven four step method.
Notice: Undefined variable: FinalEnrollmentDate2Display in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 702
Notice: Undefined variable: ClockHours in /it/web/std-prod/ece.emory.edu/htdocs/catalogSectionDetail.php on line 707