Microsoft Excel: Data Management and Manipulation
This class is taught using Microsoft Excel 2010 on our lab PCs, but the content applies to Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 for Windows. Material learned in this course may not apply to Excel for Mac.
Control data without data controlling you. Create and import databases and tables in Excel while handling multiple sorting and filtering tasks using a variety of criteria. Retrieve the information you need quickly and easily using multiple filters. Learn how to format tables and databases in a professional manner and master Excel’s terrific Name Box and Name Manager features. Separate data easily using the Text-to-Column feature and bring columns together using the CONCATENATE function.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Sort and filter data using multiple criteria in order to get needed information with little effort
- Download databases from other applications and servers
- Create a data table or database avoiding common pitfalls
- Format a professional and attractive table
- Use the Name Box and Name Manager to efficiently navigate, print select, and add other functionality for your database and tables
- Create the CONCATENATE function to bring columns together and VLOOKUP to bring data from one table into another
- Employ Text to Columns to separate data from one column into multiple columns