Advanced Graphic Design: Theory and Practice
Upcoming offerings of Advanced Graphic Design: Theory and Practice.
Advanced Graphic Design: Theory & Practice
THIS CLASS IS BEING OFFERED ONLINE. YOU WILL NEED A COMPUTER WITH THE NECESSARY SOFTWARE INSTALLED TO PARTICIPATE.
Following the fundamentals certificate, students are primed to take those basic skills and learn how to apply design theory and practice to real-world projects. This course kicks-off addressing key design movements that shaped the field of graphic design. Then, the student is guided through the planning process to develop and manage a design project. An intense immersion in form and space, color, typography, and images explores in-depth the full range of graphic design theory. The course also covers industry-standard print production practices. Finally, the in-class section rolls into a month-long intensive instructor-guided self-study in a chosen track of specialty: Brand Identity Design; Advertising Design; ePublishing Design for eBooks; or Information Design. In this part of the extended course, the student studies their area of expertise and develops a project in their track.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
TO APPLY/ENROLL IN THIS COURSE CLICK HERE
After this class, you will be able to:
- Apply a general framework to developing and managing graphic design projects
- Use color theory to create palettes and color systems for brand development
- Confidently combine typeface pairings for professional, effective designs
- Build strong page compositions — the cornerstone of effective visual communication
- Use images to create graphic impact for compelling design solutions
- Apply industry standard concepts of print production preparation
Prerequisites: Students are required to complete all of the following courses prior to taking this course.