Course - Business Intelligence
Business intelligence (BI) is a branch of data analytics that supports the process of converting raw data into actionable business and operational insight for improved decision-making and enhanced organizational efficiencies. The field encompasses techniques such as query generation, data mining, data modeling and analysis, creation of dashboards and visualization charts, and production of analytics reports.
This course introduces participants to the field of Business Intelligence (BI), with emphasis on descriptive analytics. It employs applied training techniques with participants forming data analytics teams to solve business problems and identify solutions, practically applying learned concepts to real-world cases.
Key areas of BI covered include; data collection, data preprocessing, data storage, data queries, basic data mining, descriptive data analytics, data visualization, and results presentation. Program participants will also receive training in the use of products such as Excel, SQL, RapidMiner, and Tableau to collect, extract, mine, analyze, visualize and present business data.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of BI, potential applications of BI and its role in the field of data analytics
- Practice data collection, data mining and data loading by using applicable advanced features of Excel
- Apply the basics of SQL, its applicable data commands, basics of database queries, data aggregation, sorting, grouping, and summarization
- Apply the fundamentals of data mining, applicable techniques, functionalities, algorithms, and major challenges in the practice of data mining and descriptive data analytics
- Practice presentation and visualization techniques and storytelling using Tableau
- Define data relevancy, pattern recognition, trend analysis and relationships among data elements and clusters
- Apply learning to real-world business projects
- Employ data analytics to gain insight about business operations, solve problems and create solutions for corporate and organizational issues
- Produce evidence-based, tactical and strategic decisions toward organizational viability and competitiveness
Our entry-level Business Intelligence course will help prepare you for a successful career in Data Analytics; more experienced/advanced data professionals may prefer our Big Data program.
Prerequisite: degree or equivalent practical experience in any business, accounting, banking and finance, mortgage lending, insurance, science, engineering or IT is recommended; intermediate-level Excel knowledge required, including basic understanding/practical knowledge of workbooks, data entry, formatting, sorting/filtering, formulas and charts.
Unsure as to the level of your Excel knowledge? Email email@example.com to request an assessment test or enroll in one of our Microsoft Excel Level 2: Excelling at Excel class options -- plus get a 10% Excel course discount with promo code BUSINTELL
|Course Length: 56 hours, classroom (7 Saturdays)
Next Course Begins: Saturday, April 21, 2018 - June 9, 2018 / 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.